'Dexter' Stalks Sixth Season Renewal
This won't surprise anybody: Showtime is getting ready to announce a renewal for Dexter.
The show just had its second highest ratings ever on Sunday night, delivering 2.5 million viewers, up 43% from the fifth season premiere.
That almost certainly means the upcoming finale on Dec. 12 is going to set a new viewership record.
In 2008, Showtime confidently renewed Dexter for two seasons. That's not likely to happen this time, since key talent deals will need to be renegotiated before the show's seventh season. Expect the offical Dexter renewal within the next week or so.
- NFL Now Demands $16.6 Million Over M.I.A.'s Super Bowl Middle Finger (Exclusive)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR