Disney Junior Gets Off to Good Start in Premiere Week
Disney Channel's newly rebranded preschooler block posted big gains over Playhouse Disney's ratings from a year ago thanks in part to new series "Jake and the Never Land Pirates."
The rebranding of preschooler-targeted programming block Playhouse Disney -- now called Disney Junior -- resulted in a big ratings boost for the channel.
In its premiere week, Disney Junior gave Disney Channel its best ratings ever in its daypart among kids 2-5 (474,000 viewers, up 34% from a year ago) and boys 2-5 (262,000, up 48%) and its second-best weekly ratings among girls 2-5 (212,000, up 20%).
Meanwhile, the new Peter Pan-inspired animated series Jake and the Never Land Pirates became the channel's No. 1 weekday preschool series launch ever among total viewers (2.2 million) and kids 2-5 (966,000) and the most-watched series debut ever in boys 2-5 (567,000) and women 18-49 (459,000).
Disney Junior airs from 4 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 4-9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR