Ed Burns, 'Entourage' Creator Team for HBO Pilot
With Entourage nearing an end, creator Doug Ellin is turning his attention to a new ensemble of guys.
Ed Burns is on board to star in the half-hour HBO pilot, tentatively titled 40, that will focus on a group of male friends navigating life in a slightly older age bracket.
Ellin had previously set up plans for an ensemble show at HBO about a posse of hedge-fund guys in New York, but that project never came to fruition at the premium cable network.
While Burn’s resume is peppered with TV guest spots, including a handful of appearances on Entourage, the project would mark his first foray into series TV.
Ellin, whose Entourage ends its eighth and final season later this year, will serve as executive producer and writer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical