Emmy Rossum on 'Shameless' Sex Scenes: 'Okay, Time to Take My Top Off'
Actress Emmy Rossum's role in the new Showtime series Shameless is literally revealing. She's frequently disrobing on the set because her character Fiona, the de facto mother of a dysfunctional Chicago family, is hot and heavy with new love interest Steve, played by Justin Chatwin.
But Rossum takes her many sex scenes with Chatwin -- who told The Hollywood Reporter that their sex scenes are the closest he's come to doing softcore pornography -- in stride. She tells Vegas magazine "It's like, okay, time to take my top off."
Rossum and Chatwin's previous work together on 2009's Dragonball: Evolution makes filming intimate scenes less awkward, says Rossum, "The whole thing is so silly that if we weren't so comfortable with each other, it would be really uncomfortable. It's definitely an acquired experience."
Rossum also says there's realism in the way Fiona acts in bed, "It doesn't make sense that the character would wear a bra and care at all about what she looks like when she's having sex." She continues, "Sex is meant to feel good, and she wants to feel good. Her life is so sh--y in so many ways. Some people use alcohol, some people use gambling -- and some people use sex.”
Shameless airs Sundays on Showtime.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Ready to let go of "Let It Go" ? Disney isn't. Mouse has five year plan for "Frozen" franchise
- 'True Blood' Turns Ted Cruz Fundraiser At George W. Bush Library Into A Bloodbath (SPOILER ALERT)
- Dear Governor Cuomo: A Conversation with Natalie Merchant, Plus Catching Up with Freda Payne
- Rob Reiner on the Middle-Age Love Story 'And So It Goes'