Emmy Rossum on 'Shameless' Sex Scenes: 'Okay, Time to Take My Top Off'
Actress Emmy Rossum's role in the new Showtime series Shameless is literally revealing. She's frequently disrobing on the set because her character Fiona, the de facto mother of a dysfunctional Chicago family, is hot and heavy with new love interest Steve, played by Justin Chatwin.
But Rossum takes her many sex scenes with Chatwin -- who told The Hollywood Reporter that their sex scenes are the closest he's come to doing softcore pornography -- in stride. She tells Vegas magazine "It's like, okay, time to take my top off."
Rossum and Chatwin's previous work together on 2009's Dragonball: Evolution makes filming intimate scenes less awkward, says Rossum, "The whole thing is so silly that if we weren't so comfortable with each other, it would be really uncomfortable. It's definitely an acquired experience."
Rossum also says there's realism in the way Fiona acts in bed, "It doesn't make sense that the character would wear a bra and care at all about what she looks like when she's having sex." She continues, "Sex is meant to feel good, and she wants to feel good. Her life is so sh--y in so many ways. Some people use alcohol, some people use gambling -- and some people use sex.”
Shameless airs Sundays on Showtime.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR