'Family Guy' to parody 'Return of the Jedi'
The show's cast completed a table read yesterday for a "Jedi" spoof script, which is tentatively titled "Episode VI: The Great Muppet Caper" (Ewok jokes never get old).
The animated hit's parody of "A New Hope" (which was titled, sort of confusingly at this point, "Blue Harvest," which is actually the production code name for the third film, "Return of the Jedi") was one of ... that parenthetical was so convoluted the start of the sentence is lost now, isn't it?
Do over: The animated hit's spoof of "A New Hope" was one of the show's all-time top-rated episodes and producer 20th TV sold the movie as a stand-alone DVD. For a studio, nothing beats having an episode so desirable that they can sell it solo, as it were, without needing to include the rest of the season.
The show's previously announced parody of "The Empire Strikes Back" is titled "Something-Something-Something Dark Side." Unfortunately, Fox won't air "Dark Side" until the fall. But with Carrie Fisher playing a recurring role on "Family Guy" as Peter Griffin's boss, there's some hope around the show's campfire that she'll do a voiceover in the "Empire" spoof (not as Princess Leia, since Lois plays Leia, but as another character...)
Here's a choice clip from the show's debut "Star Wars" spoof:
PREVIOUS: 'Trek' cast to reunite on 'Family Guy'
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR