EXCLUSIVE: 'Family Guy's 'Return of the Jedi' Parody Trailer (Video)
UPDATED: OK, for those who complained that the first trailer wasn't actually, you know, funny, here's a second Jedi trailer with actual jokes in it:
It's here and it's not a trap.
Below is the trailer for Family Guy's long-awaited Return of the Jedi parody.
Studio 20th Century Fox screened a hilarious nine minutes of this at Comic-Con and we've been after it ever since. Here's a 90-second version that plays close to a shot-by-shot remake of the original Empire trailer.
Like with Seth McFarlane and Co.'s Empire Strikes Back spoof, the studio is first releasing title first on DVD next month (Dec. 21, Amazon pre-order link).
This is the third and final Star Wars parody from MacFarlane, who swore at Comic-Con that the popular spoofs would not continue into the prequels.
“This last one almost killed us,” he said. “It would be too expensive. The problem is we try to be as faithful as possible to the look of those movies and to do that with the prequels, I don’t think TV budgets have reached that level yet.”
Alex Borstein, who plays Lois, added, "That, and they sucked."
Video will include deleted scenes, the Family Guy Comic-Con panel, original voice-over skit and more.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack