Fan favs 'Chuck' and 'V' to return next season
Both Warner Bros. shows were on the bubble for a pickup due to borderline ratings, but sources say the shows will be back next season on their respective networks.
Though modestly rated, "Chuck" has been NBC's steadiest show on Monday nights after "Heroes" sank in the Nielsens. While ABC's "V" was a steady performer on Tuesdays after "Lost" since it returned from hiatus and its most recent episode climbed slightly in the numbers. Both shows are expected to receive 13-episode orders.
NBC's "Heroes" and ABC's other sci-fi freshman drama "FlashForward" continue to be in question, however, with the former possibly receiving a short-season order and the latter very unlikely to return.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'