Fox Declines 'Lie' Full Season
Fox is declining to pick up a full season of Lie to Me, but insiders caution the decision doesn't necessarily mean the show will get the ax.
The network opting to not order a back nine means production will be halted this month, with Fox leaving open the possibility of ordering more episodes for summer (like it did last year) or next fall. The network already has a full lineup for midseason, and insiders say executives want to wait until spring until they have more information about the network's needs moving forward.
Still, an abbreviated order is never a positive sign for a series, and Lie has been a modest performer in the ratings. On the other hand, Fox has used the drama to fill holes in a few different time periods, and it's performance tends to be fairly consistent.
This year saw executive producer Shawn Ryan opt to leave the show in favor of running The Chicago Code, which joins Fox's schedule in February.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup