Fox News has oldest cable audience
Who has the most watched news network in all the land?
And who has the oldest audience in all of cable?
In a survey released by analyst Steve Sternberg, Fox News has the oldest audience among fully distributed cable networks. The network's average viewer last season was 65 years old, according to Nielsen. Heck, it's viewers are even older than viewers of Hallmark Channel, Military Channel and Golf Channel.
Perhaps the reason viewers tend to leave Fox News on all day racking up hours of big Nielsen numbers is they can't actually change the channel?
(Ah, Fox News, you know we only kid you because you sort of set yourself up for it).
CNN wasn't far behind, though -- its average audience was 63. MSNBC was a perky 59. CNBC is the young turk at 52.
The youngest fully distributed cable channel? Oxygen. Followed by Bravo and, weirdly, VH1 Classic, then Travel and TLC -- all averaging about 42 years old.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized