Fox News has oldest cable audience
Who has the most watched news network in all the land?
And who has the oldest audience in all of cable?
In a survey released by analyst Steve Sternberg, Fox News has the oldest audience among fully distributed cable networks. The network's average viewer last season was 65 years old, according to Nielsen. Heck, it's viewers are even older than viewers of Hallmark Channel, Military Channel and Golf Channel.
Perhaps the reason viewers tend to leave Fox News on all day racking up hours of big Nielsen numbers is they can't actually change the channel?
(Ah, Fox News, you know we only kid you because you sort of set yourself up for it).
CNN wasn't far behind, though -- its average audience was 63. MSNBC was a perky 59. CNBC is the young turk at 52.
The youngest fully distributed cable channel? Oxygen. Followed by Bravo and, weirdly, VH1 Classic, then Travel and TLC -- all averaging about 42 years old.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!