Fox gives series order to 'Napoleon Dynamite' (pic)
It's official: "Napoleon Dynamite" is coming to TV.
Fox is giving a series order to a project based on the indie hit, one of two new teen-friendly animated projects greenlighted by the network.
Fox has picked up six episodes of the show, with the original cast on board as voice talent -- including Jon Heder as the title character. The network also ordered seven episodes of another show, "Allen Gregory," from "Superbad" star Jonah Hill and "Yes Man" scribes Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul.
"Gregory" is about the world’s most celebrated seven-year-old embarking on the greatest challenge of his life: attending elementary school with regular kids.
With "Dynamite," the comedy follows the misadventures of an awkward high school teenager and his quirky friends as they struggle to navigate life in rural Idaho.
Both projects are produced by 20th Century Fox TV, with Chernin Entertainment also producing "Gregory." Jared Hess, Jerusha Hess, and "Simpsons" veteran Mike Scully are writing and executive producing "Dynamite." Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope added as executive producers on "Gregory."
Here's the first image released of "Dynamite":
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!