Fox gives series order to 'Napoleon Dynamite' (pic)
It's official: "Napoleon Dynamite" is coming to TV.
Fox is giving a series order to a project based on the indie hit, one of two new teen-friendly animated projects greenlighted by the network.
Fox has picked up six episodes of the show, with the original cast on board as voice talent -- including Jon Heder as the title character. The network also ordered seven episodes of another show, "Allen Gregory," from "Superbad" star Jonah Hill and "Yes Man" scribes Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul.
"Gregory" is about the world’s most celebrated seven-year-old embarking on the greatest challenge of his life: attending elementary school with regular kids.
With "Dynamite," the comedy follows the misadventures of an awkward high school teenager and his quirky friends as they struggle to navigate life in rural Idaho.
Both projects are produced by 20th Century Fox TV, with Chernin Entertainment also producing "Gregory." Jared Hess, Jerusha Hess, and "Simpsons" veteran Mike Scully are writing and executive producing "Dynamite." Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope added as executive producers on "Gregory."
Here's the first image released of "Dynamite":
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot in TV
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!