Fox gives series order to 'Napoleon Dynamite' (pic)
It's official: "Napoleon Dynamite" is coming to TV.
Fox is giving a series order to a project based on the indie hit, one of two new teen-friendly animated projects greenlighted by the network.
Fox has picked up six episodes of the show, with the original cast on board as voice talent -- including Jon Heder as the title character. The network also ordered seven episodes of another show, "Allen Gregory," from "Superbad" star Jonah Hill and "Yes Man" scribes Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul.
"Gregory" is about the world’s most celebrated seven-year-old embarking on the greatest challenge of his life: attending elementary school with regular kids.
With "Dynamite," the comedy follows the misadventures of an awkward high school teenager and his quirky friends as they struggle to navigate life in rural Idaho.
Both projects are produced by 20th Century Fox TV, with Chernin Entertainment also producing "Gregory." Jared Hess, Jerusha Hess, and "Simpsons" veteran Mike Scully are writing and executive producing "Dynamite." Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope added as executive producers on "Gregory."
Here's the first image released of "Dynamite":
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP