Fox's way of apologizing for canceling 'Arrested'
Fox's new Sit Down Shut Up promo wishes the cast of its new animated sitcom would just sit down and shut up already about praising creator Mitch Hurwitz's previous comedy Arrested Development. In the spot, Fox apologizes for canceling Arrested and begs viewers to watch Sit Down instead. It's not often you see this much candor from a network (except, perhaps, for Fox's promise that the new show is just as great as Arrested, an opinion critics don't seem to share). If this ad works, maybe Fox will shout out a sorry to Firefly fans to convince them to watch Dollhouse.
Sit Down premieres tonight. Here's the promo:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR