Fox's 'Secret Millionaire' wins hour; CBS tops night
"Millionaire" (7.2 million viewers, 2.7 preliminary adults 18-49 rating, 8 share) won the 8 p.m. hour Wednesday against original series and an NBC special. The show was up 17% from its debut in the time period, though down slightly from its second episode that aired at 9 p.m. last week. Paired with a repeat of "Bones," "Millionaire" helped Fox place second in the adult demo for the evening.
CBS was first, with sitcoms "The New Adventures of Old Christine" (8.3 million, 2.2/7) and "Gary Unmarried" (8.0 million, 2.4/7) having their best total viewers delivery of the season. "Criminal Minds" (14.7 million, 3.9/10) and "CSI: NY" (13.2 million, 3.5/10) easily dominated their respective hours and made gains from their last original airings.
ABC was third, airing "Pushing Daisies" (5 million, 1.6/5), an on par "Private Practice" (6.9 million, 2.4/6) and "Dirty Sexy Money" (5.2 million, 1.8/5).
Fourth-ranked NBC had the special "Little Spirit: Christmas in New York" (5 million, 1.4/4), followed by "Life" (5.5 million, 1.8/5) and "Law & Order" (7.5 million, 2.2/6), with both crime procedurals dropping slightly from last week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)