Fox's 'Secret Millionaire' wins hour; CBS tops night
"Millionaire" (7.2 million viewers, 2.7 preliminary adults 18-49 rating, 8 share) won the 8 p.m. hour Wednesday against original series and an NBC special. The show was up 17% from its debut in the time period, though down slightly from its second episode that aired at 9 p.m. last week. Paired with a repeat of "Bones," "Millionaire" helped Fox place second in the adult demo for the evening.
CBS was first, with sitcoms "The New Adventures of Old Christine" (8.3 million, 2.2/7) and "Gary Unmarried" (8.0 million, 2.4/7) having their best total viewers delivery of the season. "Criminal Minds" (14.7 million, 3.9/10) and "CSI: NY" (13.2 million, 3.5/10) easily dominated their respective hours and made gains from their last original airings.
ABC was third, airing "Pushing Daisies" (5 million, 1.6/5), an on par "Private Practice" (6.9 million, 2.4/6) and "Dirty Sexy Money" (5.2 million, 1.8/5).
Fourth-ranked NBC had the special "Little Spirit: Christmas in New York" (5 million, 1.4/4), followed by "Life" (5.5 million, 1.8/5) and "Law & Order" (7.5 million, 2.2/6), with both crime procedurals dropping slightly from last week.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum