FX gives series order to 'Wilfred'
Elijah Wood is coming to FX in Wilfred, which just received a 13-episode series order.
Based on an Aussie comedy, Wilfred stars Wood as "Ryan," a socially awkward introvert who meets "Wilfred" (Jason Gann), described as part Australian Shepherd, part Russell Crowe on a bender -- except the rest of the world sees Wilfred as a dog, while Ryan sees him as a man dressed in a dog suit. Fiona Gublemann co-stars as “Jenna,” Ryan’s next door neighbor and Wilfred's owner.
David Zuckerman (Family Guy) is the writer-exec producer.
The comedy will premiere next summer, marking the fourth comedy series to join the network's lineup in 18 months. (The others are Louie, Archer, The League, and, of course, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia).
Executive Producers are Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)