FX gives series order to 'Wilfred'
Elijah Wood is coming to FX in Wilfred, which just received a 13-episode series order.
Based on an Aussie comedy, Wilfred stars Wood as "Ryan," a socially awkward introvert who meets "Wilfred" (Jason Gann), described as part Australian Shepherd, part Russell Crowe on a bender -- except the rest of the world sees Wilfred as a dog, while Ryan sees him as a man dressed in a dog suit. Fiona Gublemann co-stars as “Jenna,” Ryan’s next door neighbor and Wilfred's owner.
David Zuckerman (Family Guy) is the writer-exec producer.
The comedy will premiere next summer, marking the fourth comedy series to join the network's lineup in 18 months. (The others are Louie, Archer, The League, and, of course, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia).
Executive Producers are Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!