FX Orders Drama Pilot From 'Glee's' Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk
Glee's Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are returning to FX.
The network, which aired the duo's Nip/Tuck for seven seasons, has ordered the hourlong drama pilot, American Horror Story. No details on the premise were provided.
Co-conceived by Murphy and Falchuk, the pilot will be directed by Murphy. Production begins in April with casting under way.
“American Horror Story is a project that Brad and I have been discussing for a while,” Murphy said. “[FX president and general manager] John Landgraf and I have maintained a wonderful relationship since Nip/Tuck ended its run and he gave me an open invitation to develop a new show for the network.”
If FX decides to go forward with a series order, American Horror Story will begin filming in late spring and will launch in the fall.
Murphy also stressed that attention will still be paid to Glee. "Fans can rest assured that we haven't taken our eyes off that ball for a second," he said. "We've broken the stories for the season's remaining episodes and we've got big things planned for our little glee club as it strives to make it past Regionals to the all-important Nationals competition in New York City."
American Horror Story is produced by 20th TV. Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto will serve as executive producers.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot in TV
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro