FX Orders Superhero Detective Pilot 'Powers'
FX has given the green light to Powers, a project based on the popular comic by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming.
Powers follows detectives in a homicide department devoted to cases that involve superheroes. The pilot order comes a decade after Sony optioned the rights for a feature film version, which never came to fruition.
Charles Eglee (The Walking Dead, The Shield) wrote the pilot and will serve as an executive producer with Bendis, Oeming, Michael Dinner, David Engel and Circle of Confusion, the company behind The Walking Dead. Dinner, who helmed the Sons of Anarchy and Justified pilots, will also direct.
At one point, Journeyman creator Kevin Falls was attached to adapt.
Sony TV and FX Productions are co-producing the project, which has been in development for several years.
Powers has been in publication for more than a decade, producing a dozen graphic novels and more than 60 issues.
Bendis, well-known for his work on other Marvel titles, including Avengers, X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man, turned to Twitter to express his enthusiasm.
"Powers pilot was just greenlit by FX,” he shared with his 34,000-plus followers Friday night. “It's official! Your window of reading Powers while it was still cool is running out.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'