FX Orders Superhero Detective Pilot 'Powers'
FX has given the green light to Powers, a project based on the popular comic by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming.
Powers follows detectives in a homicide department devoted to cases that involve superheroes. The pilot order comes a decade after Sony optioned the rights for a feature film version, which never came to fruition.
Charles Eglee (The Walking Dead, The Shield) wrote the pilot and will serve as an executive producer with Bendis, Oeming, Michael Dinner, David Engel and Circle of Confusion, the company behind The Walking Dead. Dinner, who helmed the Sons of Anarchy and Justified pilots, will also direct.
At one point, Journeyman creator Kevin Falls was attached to adapt.
Sony TV and FX Productions are co-producing the project, which has been in development for several years.
Powers has been in publication for more than a decade, producing a dozen graphic novels and more than 60 issues.
Bendis, well-known for his work on other Marvel titles, including Avengers, X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man, turned to Twitter to express his enthusiasm.
"Powers pilot was just greenlit by FX,” he shared with his 34,000-plus followers Friday night. “It's official! Your window of reading Powers while it was still cool is running out.”
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project