FX Renews 'The League' for a Third Season
The network has ordered 13 more episodes of the comedy series to debut in the fall.
FX has renewed comedy series The League with a third-season pickup.
The network has ordered 13 episodes of the show, which is set against the backdrop of a fantasy football league. Production will get under way in the summer for a fall premiere.
“We love the show, and the reaction the cast received across the country during their recent comedy tour is a sign the show is really building momentum," FX executive vp original programming Nick Grad said.
The League averaged 1.4 million total viewers, including 1.1 million in the key adults 18-49 demo, for first-run episodes during Season 2. That marked increases of 4 percent in total viewers and 5 percent in the demo.
The series, from FX Prods., was created by the husband-and-wife team of Jeff Schaffer (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Jackie Marcus Schaffer (Disturbia, EuroTrip), who serve as executive producers and directors. The ensemble cast features Mark Duplass, Stephen Rannazzisi, Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, Katie Aselton and Jon Lajoie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!