G4 orders police reality series 'Campus PD'
G4 is putting a spin on the police reality series with "Campus PD."
Each episode follows officers on duty in five U.S. college towns as they deal with the challenges of university mayhem.
"It’s no secret that high-energy police shows are very popular among male viewers," G4 president Neal Tiles said. "With ‘Campus PD,’ we join real police teams and head to college towns, where the students — and their everyday lives — will prove highly relatable to G4’s core young-male audience."
G4 has ordered 10 half-hours; the first airs Dec. 9.
The network has aired repeats of "COPS" to solid ratings for years. The addition of "Campus PD" gives the network a younger twist on a proven format. The show will visit Tallahassee, FL, San Marcos, TX, Cincinnati, OH, Chico, CA, and Greenville, NC. Campus cops on the show deal with everything from drunk driving to shoplifting to indecent exposure.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed