George Lucas sends letter to 'Lost'
George Lucas sent a letter to the producers of "Lost" where he finally admits he didn't plan "Star Wars" in advance. The letter was read aloud at a series finale-related party Thursday night. Here's the text:
Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don't tell anyone ...
but when 'Star Wars' first came out, I didn't know where it was going
either. The trick is to pretend you've planned the whole thing out in
advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories --
let's call them homages -- and you've got a series.
six seasons, you've managed to span both time and space, and I don't
think I'm alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner.
Now that it's all coming to an end, it's impressive to see how much was
planned out in advance and how neatly you've wrapped up everything.
You've created something really special. I'm sad that the series is
ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.
After which, "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof reportedly said: "I just want to apologize to Mr. George Lucas for everything I said
about the prequels."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch