'Georgetown' Drama Pilot Goes to ABC
On the heels of the CW's pickup of Hart of Dixie, ABC has ordered a drama from Josh Schwartz and Co.
The Washington, D.C.-set Georgetown, formerly known as The Inner Circle, was penned by screenwriter Will Fetters of The Lucky One and Remember Me.
The primetime soap is about young people behind the power brokers of D.C.
Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein of Fake Empire exec produce with Warner Bros. TV. Ashley Parker serves as a consultant.
Last year, ABC aired a midseason series, The Deep End, that sounds similar in vein, focusing on the lives of young, aspiring lawyers that failed to click with viewers.
And back in 2009, the CW ordered a pilot centered on twentysomethings working in politics set in D.C. featuring a young (but seasoned) cast that did not move forward. Is this the new equivalent, and will it have a better fate?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR