Glenn Beck reacts to Stewart, Colbert rallies
Glenn Beck issued a statement responding to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's plan to hold rallies in Washington D.C next month.
The Comedy Central hosts' event essentially spoofs the Fox News host's heavily attended "Restoring Honor" rally that was held on Aug. 28.
"8/28 was a historic event for a lot of Americans," Beck said. "I hope that Ed Schultz, the AFL-CIO, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and whoever else wants to plan a march in DC have the same great success that we had with Restoring Honor."
Stewart and Colbert's rallies (titled "Rally to Restore Sanity" and "Keep Fear Alive," respectively) will take place October 30 on the National Mall and are expected to draw thousands. So far, they have yielded more than 100,000 cumulative RSVPs on their Facebook pages, for whatever that's worth.
Beck's event attracted between 87,000 and 300,000 supporters, depending on the estimate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game