'Golden Girls' Rue McClanahan dies
Her manager Barbara Lawrence said McClanahan died Thursday at 1 a.m.
of a stroke.
"She had a stroke on Monday, and died with her son, sister and nephew
at her side." Lawrence said. "It was peaceful, a blessing she went
McClanahan had undergone treatment for breast cancer in 1997 and
later lectured to cancer support groups on "aging gracefully." In 2009,
she had heart bypass surgery.
McClanahan starred on "Golden Girls" with Beatrice Arthur, who died
in 2009, Estelle Getty, who died in 2008, and Betty White.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR