'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Leaves Rehab
4:33 PM PST 1/24/2011 by THR staff
"We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety," says Dr. Phil.
Ted Williams, the homeless "golden voice" Internet sensation, has checked out of drug rehab, Dr. Phil McGraw said Monday.Williams, 53, entered an unknown facility 12 days ago after a lengthy one-on-one with Dr. Phil, who taped three interviews with him. Dr. Phil said Williams wanted to get clean "in order to help him in dealing with his dependency on drugs and alcohol," which separated him from his family and left him homeless for years. "Ted was given the chance to voluntarily enter a drug rehabilitation facility in order to help him in dealing with his dependency on drugs and alcohol," McGraw said. "In that it is voluntary, the decision to remain in treatment is Ted's to make." "We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety, and we will continue to help and support him in any way that we can," McGraw said Monday. No word on where Williams went after leaving the rehab.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV