'Golden Voice' Ted Williams Leaves Rehab
4:33 PM PST 1/24/2011 by THR staff
"We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety," says Dr. Phil.
Ted Williams, the homeless "golden voice" Internet sensation, has checked out of drug rehab, Dr. Phil McGraw said Monday.Williams, 53, entered an unknown facility 12 days ago after a lengthy one-on-one with Dr. Phil, who taped three interviews with him. Dr. Phil said Williams wanted to get clean "in order to help him in dealing with his dependency on drugs and alcohol," which separated him from his family and left him homeless for years. "Ted was given the chance to voluntarily enter a drug rehabilitation facility in order to help him in dealing with his dependency on drugs and alcohol," McGraw said. "In that it is voluntary, the decision to remain in treatment is Ted's to make." "We certainly hope that he continues his commitment to sobriety, and we will continue to help and support him in any way that we can," McGraw said Monday. No word on where Williams went after leaving the rehab.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum