Golden-Voiced Ted Williams Detained by Police in Hollywood
The former homeless man was questioned Monday night after getting into an alleged altercation with his daughter.
Golden-voiced Ted Williams, the former homeless man who was flooded with announcer job offers after becoming a viral sensation, was briefly detained by police Monday night in Hollywood.
Williams got into an alleged yelling altercation with his daughter.
"LAPD responded to a disturbance call at the Renaissance Hotel at about 9 p.m. [Monday] night," police spokesman Bruce Borihanh tells The Hollywood Reporter. "An investigation was conducted and two individuals were transferred to the Hollywood station. No one was arrested or booked for any crime in relation to this incident. After a short investigtation, police determined no crime was committed by either party... Nobody wanted to press charges."
No word on if drugs or alcohol were involved; Williams is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic.
Williams voices MSNBC's new "Lean Forward" campaign commercials, which first aired last Thursday.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!