Golden-Voiced Ted Williams Detained by Police in Hollywood
The former homeless man was questioned Monday night after getting into an alleged altercation with his daughter.
Golden-voiced Ted Williams, the former homeless man who was flooded with announcer job offers after becoming a viral sensation, was briefly detained by police Monday night in Hollywood.
Williams got into an alleged yelling altercation with his daughter.
"LAPD responded to a disturbance call at the Renaissance Hotel at about 9 p.m. [Monday] night," police spokesman Bruce Borihanh tells The Hollywood Reporter. "An investigation was conducted and two individuals were transferred to the Hollywood station. No one was arrested or booked for any crime in relation to this incident. After a short investigtation, police determined no crime was committed by either party... Nobody wanted to press charges."
No word on if drugs or alcohol were involved; Williams is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic.
Williams voices MSNBC's new "Lean Forward" campaign commercials, which first aired last Thursday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR