Golden-Voiced Ted Williams Going to Rehab
The formerly homeless man admits in an episode of "Dr. Phil" to air Thursday that he has started drinking again.
Homeless man-turned MSNBC announcer Ted Williams is checking himself into rehab, a Dr. Phil show rep confirms.
Williams, who became a viral internet sensation for his golden voice, admits in an episode of the Dr. Phil show to air Thursday that he has started drinking again. He had been sober for two years.
Williams was briefly detained by police Monday night in Hollywood after getting into an altercation with his daughter, Janey, who accused him of drinking, which he denied at first.
Dr. Phil convinced Williams to enter rehab off-camera, GossipCop.com reports.
Williams' spots for MSNBC’s "Lean Forward" campaign begin airing late last week.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services