'Hannah Montana' Finale Sets Ratings Record for Disney Channel
11:46 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
With 6.2 million viewers, it out-performed its record-setting fourth season average by 9 percent.
Hannah Montana went out with a bang: The Disney Channel’s series finale – starring teen queen Miley Cyrus – attracted 6.2 million total viewers Sunday, out-performing its record-setting fourth season by 9 percent. The finale was cable’s No. 1 telecast in the hour among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14, posting Disney Channel's highest ratings ever in the hour in total viewers and kids 6-11. Titled Hannah Montana Forever, the fourth season is now the series’ most-watched season ever in total viewers, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Hannah Montana has ranked as the year’s No. 1 cable series among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14 three times: 2006, 2007 and 2010.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot in TV
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties