'Hannah Montana' Finale Sets Ratings Record for Disney Channel
11:46 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
With 6.2 million viewers, it out-performed its record-setting fourth season average by 9 percent.
Hannah Montana went out with a bang: The Disney Channel’s series finale – starring teen queen Miley Cyrus – attracted 6.2 million total viewers Sunday, out-performing its record-setting fourth season by 9 percent. The finale was cable’s No. 1 telecast in the hour among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14, posting Disney Channel's highest ratings ever in the hour in total viewers and kids 6-11. Titled Hannah Montana Forever, the fourth season is now the series’ most-watched season ever in total viewers, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Hannah Montana has ranked as the year’s No. 1 cable series among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14 three times: 2006, 2007 and 2010.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)