'Hannah Montana' Finale Sets Ratings Record for Disney Channel
11:46 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
With 6.2 million viewers, it out-performed its record-setting fourth season average by 9 percent.
Hannah Montana went out with a bang: The Disney Channel’s series finale – starring teen queen Miley Cyrus – attracted 6.2 million total viewers Sunday, out-performing its record-setting fourth season by 9 percent. The finale was cable’s No. 1 telecast in the hour among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14, posting Disney Channel's highest ratings ever in the hour in total viewers and kids 6-11. Titled Hannah Montana Forever, the fourth season is now the series’ most-watched season ever in total viewers, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Hannah Montana has ranked as the year’s No. 1 cable series among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14 three times: 2006, 2007 and 2010.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot in TV
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!