'Hannah Montana' Finale Sets Ratings Record for Disney Channel
11:46 AM PST 1/18/2011 by THR staff
With 6.2 million viewers, it out-performed its record-setting fourth season average by 9 percent.
Hannah Montana went out with a bang: The Disney Channel’s series finale – starring teen queen Miley Cyrus – attracted 6.2 million total viewers Sunday, out-performing its record-setting fourth season by 9 percent. The finale was cable’s No. 1 telecast in the hour among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14, posting Disney Channel's highest ratings ever in the hour in total viewers and kids 6-11. Titled Hannah Montana Forever, the fourth season is now the series’ most-watched season ever in total viewers, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14. Hannah Montana has ranked as the year’s No. 1 cable series among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14 three times: 2006, 2007 and 2010.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'