He's back! Ben Silverman sells pitch to NBC
Exclu: Ben Silverman is back at NBC.
The producer and former NBC co-chair has sold a comedy pitch to his former network.
NBC has picked up Silverman's "Party People," an ensemble comedy script about entertainers who work at children's parties. The project has been described as having the tone of a modern-day "Taxi," only with with the under-employed grown-ups dealing with kids birthdays instead of shuttling passengers.
Silverman is executive producing "Party People" through his IAC-backed company Electus.
David Bickel ("King of Queens") will write and executive produce.
Silverman has been getting back in the producing game lately, having recently teamed with "Modern Family" actress Sofía Vergara to sell a project to ABC based on the Spanish-language series "Aqui No Hay Quien Viva" ("I Hate This Place").
Since leaving NBC last year, Silverman has maintained a credited presence at the network. He carries an executive producer title on NBC's top-rated comedy, "The Office," and on its top-rated reality show, "The Biggest Loser."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!