He's back! Ben Silverman sells pitch to NBC
Exclu: Ben Silverman is back at NBC.
The producer and former NBC co-chair has sold a comedy pitch to his former network.
NBC has picked up Silverman's "Party People," an ensemble comedy script about entertainers who work at children's parties. The project has been described as having the tone of a modern-day "Taxi," only with with the under-employed grown-ups dealing with kids birthdays instead of shuttling passengers.
Silverman is executive producing "Party People" through his IAC-backed company Electus.
David Bickel ("King of Queens") will write and executive produce.
Silverman has been getting back in the producing game lately, having recently teamed with "Modern Family" actress Sofía Vergara to sell a project to ABC based on the Spanish-language series "Aqui No Hay Quien Viva" ("I Hate This Place").
Since leaving NBC last year, Silverman has maintained a credited presence at the network. He carries an executive producer title on NBC's top-rated comedy, "The Office," and on its top-rated reality show, "The Biggest Loser."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR