Hollywood Reporter traffic tops rivals (chart)
More people got their entertainment-industry news online from The Hollywood Reporter than any of its direct competitors last month.
THR.com (which includes The Live Feed blog) saw more than 1.9 million unique visitors in July, according to third-party measurement company comScore's Media Metrix. Not only is that 61% higher than Deadline Hollywood (1.18 million), but it's four times as much traffic as longtime rival Variety and five times more than a newer competitor, theWrap.com.
THR also did better than major brands including the New York Post's Page Six (1.8 million), RollingStone.com (1.24 million), Vanity Fair (967,000) and the Los Angeles Times' the Envelope (193,000).
July was a strong month for THR, which registered a 25% increase in unique visitors over June.
In addition, THR performed impressively in another key comScore metric: average minutes per visitor. The 2.9-minute average clocked by visitors to THR.com was more than the Wrap (2.2), Deadline Hollywood (1.2) and Variety (0.8).
Also, THR's deal with Reuters news service syndicates our content to millions of additional readers (not counted below) across with Web on sites such as CNN.com, MSNBC.com and Yahoo News.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts