Hollywood Reporter traffic tops rivals (chart)
More people got their entertainment-industry news online from The Hollywood Reporter than any of its direct competitors last month.
THR.com (which includes The Live Feed blog) saw more than 1.9 million unique visitors in July, according to third-party measurement company comScore's Media Metrix. Not only is that 61% higher than Deadline Hollywood (1.18 million), but it's four times as much traffic as longtime rival Variety and five times more than a newer competitor, theWrap.com.
THR also did better than major brands including the New York Post's Page Six (1.8 million), RollingStone.com (1.24 million), Vanity Fair (967,000) and the Los Angeles Times' the Envelope (193,000).
July was a strong month for THR, which registered a 25% increase in unique visitors over June.
In addition, THR performed impressively in another key comScore metric: average minutes per visitor. The 2.9-minute average clocked by visitors to THR.com was more than the Wrap (2.2), Deadline Hollywood (1.2) and Variety (0.8).
Also, THR's deal with Reuters news service syndicates our content to millions of additional readers (not counted below) across with Web on sites such as CNN.com, MSNBC.com and Yahoo News.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!