'Hope For Haiti' telethon draws, and raises, millions
Also, the single "Hope for Haiti Now" is currently the top-selling iTunes album in 18 countries, the biggest one-day album pre-order in iTunes history.
The $57 million does not include donations by corporations, large private donors and iTunes sales figures, all of which are still being calculated.
"The public has set a new standard of giving for a relief telethon with 'Hope for Haiti Now,' and the donations continue to come in – people can still contribute 24/7 via phone, web and text," said Lisa Paulsen, president & CEO of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, the non-profit organization providing support for "Hope for Haiti Now."
The telethon may not have been a ratings smash for any one particular broadcast network on Friday night. But like relief donations themselves, modest viewership from many sources can add up to an impressive total number.
The telethon drew a collective 16.1 million viewers across six broadcast networks (and a 4.3 total rating among adults 18-49). ABC drew the largest broadcast audience of 4.6 million viewers (and a 1.2 rating). These early numbers do not include cable outlets such as MTV, CNN and VH1.
Donations are still coming in. To donate, go to HopeForHaitiNow.org or call (877) 99-HAITI.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Dakota Johnson Compares 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Sex Scenes to Acrobatics!
- Eva Longoria: The Way Child Refugee Crisis Is Being Handled is Un-American
- Brit Marling's First Movie She Remembers Seeing is 'Princess Bride'
- 24's Kiefer Sutherland & Last Ship's Eric Dane Present Their Shows at Comic-Con 2014!