'Human Target' casts 'Rome' veteran
Fox's "Human Target" has cast its first female series regular.
Indira Varma (HBO's "Rome") is joining the show as "Ilsa," a widow with a vast fortune.
Christopher Chance and his team will assist Ilsa in the show's second season opener this fall. In turn, Ilsa will purchase Chance's protection service company and become his superior -- "a female Charlie."
The boys will gain access to her financial resources, but also now have to answer to a tough boss.
"Human Target" has been an unusual show in that broadcast TV tends to skew female and nearly all (if not all) primetime shows on the major networks have regular female characters. With "Target" moving to Fridays this fall, the cast addition could help broaden the show's appeal.
On Saturday, Comic-Con fans will meet the show's cast and new showrunner, Matthew Miller.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws