'Human Target' drops in new time period
UPDATED: Fox's latest drama series "Human Target" took a hit in the ratings Wednesday night in its new time period. Lacking an "American Idol" lead-in this week, the show fell 23% to place third in the 8 p.m. hour.
"Target" (7.8 million, 2.4 adults 18-49 rating) led into a special "Road to Hollywood" edition of "American Idol" (21 million, 7.8), a combination of new material from previously visited cities and recapping highlights, which fell in the ratings compared to last week's audition episode.
Fox won the night overall, with CBS in second place. CBS' telecast of the special "Super Bowl's Best Commercials 2010" (11 million, 2.9) surprised at 8 p.m., winning the hour.
"The fact that ‘Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials’ dominated the night just goes to show that the power of Super Bowl ads can successfully extend into primetime," said exec producer Bob Horowitz in a statement. "It also suggests that we might be looking at record-breaking numbers for the big game on Sunday."
CBS followed up with "Criminal Minds" (14.8 million, 3.8) and "CSI: NY" (14.2 million, 3.4), the latter winning 10 p.m.
ABC aired originals of "The Middle" (7.3 million, 2.7), "Modern Family" (9.2 million, 3.9) and "Cougar Town" (6.3 million, 2.9). "Ugly Betty" (4 million, 1.4) aired at 10 p.m.
NBC had an extremely low average for a major broadcast network in-season on a weeknight -- a 1.2 -- airing "Mercy" (6.2 million, 1.6), a crime drama repeat and the Wednesday finale of "The Jay Leno Show" (4.2 million, 1.2). The CW aired repeats.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag