Italian American Group Criticizes MTV for Filming Jersey Shore in Italy
10:01 AM PST 1/26/2011 by THR staff
Organization tells THR it's "unfortunate" producers want to "export an image of young Americans that has little to do with the image of most of our youth."
Joseph V. Del Raso, president of The National Italian American Foundation, has long criticized MTV’s Jersey Shore for painting Italian Americans in a negative light. Now, given Tuesday’s news that the series’ fourth season will be filmed in Italy, he tells the Hollywood Reporter: “It is unfortunate that American television producers want to export an image of young Americans that has little to do with the image of most of our youth. American youth has so much to offer the modern world and it is certainly not representing by the caricatures portrayed by the Jersey Shore cast.” The season will shoot in Italy this spring; it is expected to air later this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV