Jeff Zucker's biggest regret
From THR's interview with the outgoing NBC executive:
THR: What's your biggest regret?
Zucker: My biggest regret would be that we weren't able to turn around NBC Entertainment quickly, although I'm very encouraged about the seeds of the turnaround that have been planted. We have a long way to go. There is nothing certain about any of this. But we launched a number of new shows this week. None of our shows was dead on arrival. We have had a pretty good week. And I think the seeds of a turnaround are very much in place.
THR: Any regrets about the decision to bring in Ben Silverman as NBC Entertainment president in 2007?
Zucker: I think it turns out Ben was probably better suited to being a producer than an executive.
THR: How's your relationship with Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien now?
Zucker: I regret how publicly that played out. But that was just an example of not being afraid to take a chance. That one didn't work out. In 24 1/2 years, I made thousands and thousands of decisions here, and in the aggregate most of them worked.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack