'Jersey Shore' cast near deal for hefty raise
Though the group's contract negotiations have held up production on season "2.5" of the series, which is scheduled to commence shooting this week, sources tell THR a deal is very close.
The cast initially asked the network for $30,000 per episode -- a 200% raise.
MTV is countering with a number that's close to that figure, and at least a couple key members of the cast are expected to accept by the end of the day.
Though the production delay is holding up resumption of the current 24-episode season (which includes filming in Florida and New Jersey), the salary increase may not kick into effect until a presumed third season.
Some say MTV was only interested in keeping Snooki, The Situation, JWoww and Pauly D. But another source counters MTV firmly wanted to keep the cast intact and that all are expected to return.
Not every member of the cast will receive the exact same number, however. As reported on TMZ, The Situation was also offered a hefty bonus should "Jersey" meet certain ratings targets.
The "Jersey" cast shot the first season for $5,000 per episode, then haggled a salary bump to $10,000 for the second season of the show.
MTV released the following statement: "We don't comment on any contractual conversations. Season 2 premieres July 29 and production is on schedule."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!