'Jersey Shore' Producer: Season 3 Is 'S**t-house Crazy'
3:48 PM PST 1/5/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
"I saw it and I said, 'We’re ready to go,' " MTV’s SallyAnn Salsano tells THR.
PASADENA – Jersey Shore executive producer SallyAnn Salsano is a tough Long Island chick that has much in common with her infamous characters. She pulls no punches and tells no white lies.But she admits she’s slightly apprehensive about the show’s third season premiere Thursday night on MTV. “I always get a little nervous,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter. “Once you start drinking your own Kool-Aid you’re in trouble.” So she was relieved to see what the Jersey Shore production team had in the can for season three. “It’s shit-house crazy,” she said. “I saw it and I said, we’re ready to go.” Indeed, one of the highlights of season three – which is back in Seaside Heights – will apparently be Snooki getting arrested after a drunken scene at the beach. Salsano also promised cat-fighting to rival last season’s Sammi/JWoww knock down and more drama between oft broken up lovers Sammi and Ronnie. But the pressure is nevertheless on as MTV begins to milk the Jersey Shore franchise, recently announcing the first official spinoff with Pauly D. And the show is coming off a second season of record ratings that saw it become TV’s No. 1 show among young viewers (12-34) last summer. For her part, Salsano is raring to go on season four, which is likely to return to Miami. But with cast negotiations ongoing, production has yet to commence. But Salsanso may found the next Snooki, or at least a Sammi or a JWoww. Katie Cazorla is the proprietor of her own Hollywood nail salon and the star of Salsano’s newest series, The Nail Files for TV Guide Network. Like the Jersey Shore housemates, Cazorla is verbally uninhibited. “She’s going to say what she feels and she’s not going to apologize about it later,” says Salsano. Indeed, Cazorla along with her boyfriend (and underwriter), 52-year-old music producer Walter Afanasieff, teamed up for a lively lunch Q&A with reporters here for TCA. Cazorla implied that she was the author of the profane manicure worn by Lindsay Lohan during the actresses court appearance last summer. And she’s not afraid to tell celebrities who frequent her shop, The Painted Nail, that they need work. “It doesn’t matter if you’re a celebrity,” asserted Cazorla. “If your nails are jacked up, I’m going to tell you.”
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)