Jesse James, Kat Von D Are Engaged
2:40 PM PST 1/20/2011 by THR staff
“I fell in love with my best friend,” he says of the 'L.A. Ink' tattoo artist.
Jesse James and L.A. Ink tattoo artist Kat Von D are engaged."You know sometimes the public and press gets it wrong. This is one of those times. 2010 was actually the best year of my life because I fell in love with my best friend. An amazing woman who stood behind me when the world turned their backs," James tells People exclusively. "I have never met anyone so kind and loving and committed to making the world a better place every day. My love for her is beyond description. So honored that she said 'yes.' Growing old with her is going to be a f----n' blast!" The two began dating last summer after James' marriage to Sandra Bullock ended because of his infidelity. Von D first met James when she was 22 -- when he had a program on the Discovery Channel (James was the host of Discovery’s highly rated Monster Garage from 2002-2006). Von D’s LA Ink premiered in 2007, averaging 2.9 million total viewers at its time slot -- the most-watched series debut for the cable channel since the premiere of the US version of What Not to Wear in 2003.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!