Jesse James, Kat Von D Are Engaged
2:40 PM PST 1/20/2011 by THR staff
“I fell in love with my best friend,” he says of the 'L.A. Ink' tattoo artist.
Jesse James and L.A. Ink tattoo artist Kat Von D are engaged."You know sometimes the public and press gets it wrong. This is one of those times. 2010 was actually the best year of my life because I fell in love with my best friend. An amazing woman who stood behind me when the world turned their backs," James tells People exclusively. "I have never met anyone so kind and loving and committed to making the world a better place every day. My love for her is beyond description. So honored that she said 'yes.' Growing old with her is going to be a f----n' blast!" The two began dating last summer after James' marriage to Sandra Bullock ended because of his infidelity. Von D first met James when she was 22 -- when he had a program on the Discovery Channel (James was the host of Discovery’s highly rated Monster Garage from 2002-2006). Von D’s LA Ink premiered in 2007, averaging 2.9 million total viewers at its time slot -- the most-watched series debut for the cable channel since the premiere of the US version of What Not to Wear in 2003.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!