EXCLUSIVE: Jillian Michaels Defends Racy Super Bowl Commercial
2:16 PM PST 2/1/2011 by Bryan Alexander
“Get a life,” she tells critics who say her Go Daddy commercials with Danica Patrick objectify women.
Jillian Michaels has some tough talk for people who have criticized her upcoming Super Bowl commercials for Go Daddy.com."For people who have a problem with it, honestly, get a life," Michaels tells The Hollywood Reporter. "There's so many things you can be worrying about. A Super Bowl spot is not one of them." Actually there are three commercials airing during the Super Bowl starring Michaels and Go Daddy regular Danica Patrick. The Internet domain registrar is famous for its racy advertisements, that some argue objectify women. Michaels insists the three spots are "very respectful of me and Danica. It's okay to be sexy. It's okay to have fun. It's okay to be racy." "I don't think the spots are in any way distasteful," Michaels adds. "I think the perception is Go Daddy objectifies women. But the reality is Go Daddy takes strong women and allows us to be sexy and feminine. And yet still powerful." Michaels refused to give details about the ads except to say that one in particular -- "The Contract" is meant to be played for supreme humor. She also pointed out that even in the raciest of the three ads -- "I have more on in the Go Daddy spot than I do my own exercise DVDs." "People love to bitch and complain about something," she says. "I would just say, get over it." Michaels herself only just recently saw the ads, with representatives of the company securing the commercial so that it couldn't leak out. "They had to come to my home and show me in a very clandestine way on their computers,” she says. “It was very secretive and amazing. It was very Men In Black, sans the aliens."
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding