John Lithgow to Play Neil Patrick Harris' Dad on 'How I Met Your Mother'
The episode will air at the end of February.
It's official: John Lithgow will play Barney Stinson's (Neil Patrick Harris) dad on How I Met Your Mother, co-star Cobie Smulders confirms.
Smulders, who plays Robin in the CBS sitcom, joked on TV Guide Network's Hollywood 411 that she was terrified of Lithgow after his turn as a serial killer on Dexter.
Still, she says "it's really exciting and different for our show. He's such a pioneer."
CBS confirms the episode will air around the end of February.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws