Jon Stewart Rally Draws Modest TV Audience
Comedy Central's coverage of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's weekend rally drew a modest TV audience.
According to the network, 2 million viewers tuned in between noon and 3 p.m. on Saturday to watch the hosts and musical guests entertain about 200,000 fans on the Washington mall.
Many more doubtless saw the show online, or caught coverage on the cable networks newtorks.
This time period rarely draws big numbers for non-sports networks (the Rally audience was more than three times what the Comedy Central slot averages).
Still, the rally received enormous media hype and 2 million is less than your average viewership for an episode of Comedy Central's Tosh.0.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR