Jon Stewart Rally Draws Modest TV Audience
Comedy Central's coverage of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's weekend rally drew a modest TV audience.
According to the network, 2 million viewers tuned in between noon and 3 p.m. on Saturday to watch the hosts and musical guests entertain about 200,000 fans on the Washington mall.
Many more doubtless saw the show online, or caught coverage on the cable networks newtorks.
This time period rarely draws big numbers for non-sports networks (the Rally audience was more than three times what the Comedy Central slot averages).
Still, the rally received enormous media hype and 2 million is less than your average viewership for an episode of Comedy Central's Tosh.0.
Health & Hollywood
What's Hot in TV
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue