Kurt Sutter fires back on 'Sons of Anarchy' lawsuit
"Sons of Anarchy" creator Kurt Sutter fired both barrels at the ex-biker who's claiming in a $5 million lawsuit that the FX hit was his idea. Posting on his blog, Sutter wrote:
thinks that they've come up with the idea for SOA --
HAVING THE FUCKING IDEA IS NOT THE SHOW.
THERE HAVE BEEN DOZENS OF OUTLAW MOTORCYCLE TV DRAMAS PITCHED IN THE
LAST TEN YEARS. NONE OF THEM HAS MADE IT TO SERIES, EXCEPT SOA.
BECAUSE THEY SUCKED.
The same way there were dozens of mob family
pitches before the Sopranos and crime scene pitches before CSI.
.... I had a love of the subculture but was not an
"outlaw biker". The same way Damon Lindelof was never marooned on a
supernatural island. I did what a good writers does. Research.
It's rare that somebody connected to a network (esp. News Corp.-owned) open fires like this in response to a lawsuit; usually company lawyers lock them down to a "no comment." But Sutter is an outlaw among showrunner-bloggers, and every once in awhile he pops an all-caps in your ass.
We love you Kurt, and, yes, we will always print your replies.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story