Kurt Sutter fires back on 'Sons of Anarchy' lawsuit
"Sons of Anarchy" creator Kurt Sutter fired both barrels at the ex-biker who's claiming in a $5 million lawsuit that the FX hit was his idea. Posting on his blog, Sutter wrote:
thinks that they've come up with the idea for SOA --
HAVING THE FUCKING IDEA IS NOT THE SHOW.
THERE HAVE BEEN DOZENS OF OUTLAW MOTORCYCLE TV DRAMAS PITCHED IN THE
LAST TEN YEARS. NONE OF THEM HAS MADE IT TO SERIES, EXCEPT SOA.
BECAUSE THEY SUCKED.
The same way there were dozens of mob family
pitches before the Sopranos and crime scene pitches before CSI.
.... I had a love of the subculture but was not an
"outlaw biker". The same way Damon Lindelof was never marooned on a
supernatural island. I did what a good writers does. Research.
It's rare that somebody connected to a network (esp. News Corp.-owned) open fires like this in response to a lawsuit; usually company lawyers lock them down to a "no comment." But Sutter is an outlaw among showrunner-bloggers, and every once in awhile he pops an all-caps in your ass.
We love you Kurt, and, yes, we will always print your replies.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack