Lauren Conrad's New MTV Reality Show Pulled for Being 'Too High Brow'
12:08 PM PST 2/4/2011 by Leslie Bruce, Mark Cina
“We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn’t feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it,” she tells THR.
Lauren Conrad’s upcoming MTV reality show has been pulled, the fashion designer tells The Hollywood Reporter.“We sold a show to MTV, filmed it and are really proud of the final result,” she tells THR in a statement. “MTV felt the subject matter was too high brow for their audience and offered me the opportunity to change the show by incorporating more of my personal life." The show was to follow her as she creates a line of evening wear and launches her label. "We agreed going into the project that this show would be an aspirational one, focusing on my career and my goals and not my personal relationships," Conrad tells THR. "We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn’t feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it.” David Janollari, EVP, Head of Programming for MTV, told Entertainment Weekly: "We decided not to go ahead with the show. She did do a pilot. There were talks about whether we could somehow manage to put together a special based on that footage but that’s also a big question mark based on her interest in that and the finances. We love her! We would love her on our network! It was a great attempt but it just didn’t feel like a perfect fit for us now.” Conrad appeared on two MTV reality shows that tracked her personal life, Laguna Beach and The Hills.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing