Letterman Beats Leno in All Measures
For this first time since Jay Leno's return to late night, David Letterman has beaten his NBC rival in all the major talk show measurements.
For the week ending Oct. 29 , CBS' Late Show topped The Tonight Show among viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
Letterman averaged 3.8 million viewers compared to Leno's 3.6 million; 1.0 adult demo number compared to 0.9; 1.3 adults 25-54 rating vs. 1.2.
Among the later acts, Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson beat NBC's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon among viewers (1.8 million to 1.7) while Fallon trumped in the adult demo (0.5 vs. 0.6). ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live had 1.8 million viewers and a 0.5 rating.
NBC points out that among adults 18-34, Leno is still tops, and that through the first six weeks of the season, Tonight is leading Late Show by a squeaky 3% margin in the adult demo.
RELATED: The Great Late-Night Poll
What's Hot in TV
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign