Letterman Beats Leno in All Measures
For this first time since Jay Leno's return to late night, David Letterman has beaten his NBC rival in all the major talk show measurements.
For the week ending Oct. 29 , CBS' Late Show topped The Tonight Show among viewers, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
Letterman averaged 3.8 million viewers compared to Leno's 3.6 million; 1.0 adult demo number compared to 0.9; 1.3 adults 25-54 rating vs. 1.2.
Among the later acts, Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson beat NBC's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon among viewers (1.8 million to 1.7) while Fallon trumped in the adult demo (0.5 vs. 0.6). ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live had 1.8 million viewers and a 0.5 rating.
NBC points out that among adults 18-34, Leno is still tops, and that through the first six weeks of the season, Tonight is leading Late Show by a squeaky 3% margin in the adult demo.
RELATED: The Great Late-Night Poll
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet