Lifetime's Amanda Knox Telepic Draws Decent Ratings
Lifetime original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy premiered last night. So how did it do?
Amanda Knox, starring Hayden Panettiere in the title role, averaged 2.8 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. Those are solid numbers, but given all the controversy surrounding the movie, its ratings could have been boosted.
Compared with The Craigslist Killer, which debuted in early January to 5.4 million (the network's fifth most-watched movie premiere to date), the telepic was down significantly.
In the adult 25-54 demo, Amanda Knox drew 1.4 million, and 1 million tuning in belonged to the women 18-49 category. About 1.1 million belonged in women 25-54.
Airing immediately after the film, the hourlong documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, drew 1.9 million total viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR