Lifetime's Amanda Knox Telepic Draws Decent Ratings
Lifetime original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy premiered last night. So how did it do?
Amanda Knox, starring Hayden Panettiere in the title role, averaged 2.8 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. Those are solid numbers, but given all the controversy surrounding the movie, its ratings could have been boosted.
Compared with The Craigslist Killer, which debuted in early January to 5.4 million (the network's fifth most-watched movie premiere to date), the telepic was down significantly.
In the adult 25-54 demo, Amanda Knox drew 1.4 million, and 1 million tuning in belonged to the women 18-49 category. About 1.1 million belonged in women 25-54.
Airing immediately after the film, the hourlong documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, drew 1.9 million total viewers.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot in TV
- Soon You’ll Have to Ask Taylor Swift Permission to Say ‘This Sick Beat’
- What Should I Watch Until You’re the Worst Comes Back? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Begins Filming With Cast Full of People Who Haven’t Dropped Out Yet
- Chiwetel Ejiofor and Margot Robbie Discuss the Postapocalyptic Z for Zachariah
- Jennifer Lawrence Goes Makeup Free & Natural For Doctor's Appointment
- Bruce Jenner Will Document His 'Journey' on New Docu-Series (Report)
- Amal Clooney Was Asked Fashion Questions While Representing Armenia in Genocide Trial
- Dominos 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-Esque Ad In the Spotlight For It's S&M Content