Lifetime's Amanda Knox Telepic Draws Decent Ratings
Lifetime original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy premiered last night. So how did it do?
Amanda Knox, starring Hayden Panettiere in the title role, averaged 2.8 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. Those are solid numbers, but given all the controversy surrounding the movie, its ratings could have been boosted.
Compared with The Craigslist Killer, which debuted in early January to 5.4 million (the network's fifth most-watched movie premiere to date), the telepic was down significantly.
In the adult 25-54 demo, Amanda Knox drew 1.4 million, and 1 million tuning in belonged to the women 18-49 category. About 1.1 million belonged in women 25-54.
Airing immediately after the film, the hourlong documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, drew 1.9 million total viewers.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!