Lifetime's Amanda Knox Telepic Draws Decent Ratings
Lifetime original movie Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy premiered last night. So how did it do?
Amanda Knox, starring Hayden Panettiere in the title role, averaged 2.8 million total viewers, according to Nielsen. Those are solid numbers, but given all the controversy surrounding the movie, its ratings could have been boosted.
Compared with The Craigslist Killer, which debuted in early January to 5.4 million (the network's fifth most-watched movie premiere to date), the telepic was down significantly.
In the adult 25-54 demo, Amanda Knox drew 1.4 million, and 1 million tuning in belonged to the women 18-49 category. About 1.1 million belonged in women 25-54.
Airing immediately after the film, the hourlong documentary, Beyond the Headlines: The Amanda Knox Story, drew 1.9 million total viewers.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!