'Live With Regis and Kelly' Hits Two-Year Ratings High
A Justin Bieber appearance along with buzz surrounding co-host Regis Philbin's upcoming exit and bad weather likely gave the talk show a big boost last week.
Thanks in part to an appearance by Justin Bieber, Live With Regis and Kelly hit a two-year ratings high for the week ending Feb. 4.
The daytime talk show averaged a 3.1 household rating last week, its highest number since December 2008, according to Nielsen. That's also an 11 percent increase over the previous week and an 11 percent rise over the same week a year ago.
Among the women 25-54 demo, the show's 1.6 rating is the highest in nearly a month.
Bieber's appearance likely played a big factor in the ratings boost, along with buzz surrounding co-host Regis Philbin's upcoming departure from the show. Bad weather also probably helped keep viewers inside and glued to their televisions.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Lana Del Rey Tells Complex She Has 'Slept With A Lot Of Guys In The Industry'
- Jon Stewart Wants You To Help Him Buy CNN
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Jimmy Fallon Were Failed Fitness Instructors Once
- From "Eve Of Destruction" to "Already Gone": Conversations with Jack Tempchin and P.F. Sloan, Plus a Godsmack Track