'Lopez Tonight' scores strong debut for TBS (vids)
Having the debut on three networks skews the ratings, but if you isolate TBS this is still a strong number for 11 p.m. on a cable network. Lopez was seen by 1.7 million viewers on TBS, 1 million of which were adults 18-49. That's higher than the current season averages (though not the premieres) of the adult demo draws for talk shows like CBS' "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson," ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and Comedy Central's "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart." If you use the combined three-net number, the show was sampled by more adult demo viewers than Conan O'Brien or David Letterman's average.
TBS typically airs off-net repeats like "My Name Is Earl" in the slot. "Lopez Tonight" drew about 70% higher household rating than the network's usual fare among total viewers. It doesn't hold a candle, however, to the performance of, say, the network's Tyler Perry comedies that air during earlier time periods.
Here's some clips:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game