Maura Tierney illness delays 'Parenthood'
By Nellie Andreeva
NBC's new fall drama series "Parenthood" has been pushed tomidseason because of an illness of one of the stars, MauraTierney.
The series, a contemporary reimagining of the 1989 feature, hadbeen scheduled to begin filming July 27. The production start ofthe Universal Media Studios/Imagine TV-produced show is nowtentatively scheduled for late September.
"Start of production on NBC Universal's new series 'Parenthood' hasbeen postponed for eight weeks due to medical evaluation thatvalued cast member Maura Tierney is undergoing," NBC said in astatement. "The top priority for NBC, Universal Media Studios andImagine Television is the well-being of Ms. Tierney. We are unableto release further details and ask that you respect her privacy atthis time."
"Parenthood" revolves around four siblings (Peter Krause, Tierney,Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard) and their parents (Bonnie Bedeliaand Craig T. Nelson).
As a result of the delay, NBC is making a change on its fallschedule. More details here.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'