Maura Tierney illness delays 'Parenthood'
By Nellie Andreeva
NBC's new fall drama series "Parenthood" has been pushed tomidseason because of an illness of one of the stars, MauraTierney.
The series, a contemporary reimagining of the 1989 feature, hadbeen scheduled to begin filming July 27. The production start ofthe Universal Media Studios/Imagine TV-produced show is nowtentatively scheduled for late September.
"Start of production on NBC Universal's new series 'Parenthood' hasbeen postponed for eight weeks due to medical evaluation thatvalued cast member Maura Tierney is undergoing," NBC said in astatement. "The top priority for NBC, Universal Media Studios andImagine Television is the well-being of Ms. Tierney. We are unableto release further details and ask that you respect her privacy atthis time."
"Parenthood" revolves around four siblings (Peter Krause, Tierney,Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard) and their parents (Bonnie Bedeliaand Craig T. Nelson).
As a result of the delay, NBC is making a change on its fallschedule. More details here.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot in TV
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)