Maura Tierney illness delays 'Parenthood'
By Nellie Andreeva
NBC's new fall drama series "Parenthood" has been pushed tomidseason because of an illness of one of the stars, MauraTierney.
The series, a contemporary reimagining of the 1989 feature, hadbeen scheduled to begin filming July 27. The production start ofthe Universal Media Studios/Imagine TV-produced show is nowtentatively scheduled for late September.
"Start of production on NBC Universal's new series 'Parenthood' hasbeen postponed for eight weeks due to medical evaluation thatvalued cast member Maura Tierney is undergoing," NBC said in astatement. "The top priority for NBC, Universal Media Studios andImagine Television is the well-being of Ms. Tierney. We are unableto release further details and ask that you respect her privacy atthis time."
"Parenthood" revolves around four siblings (Peter Krause, Tierney,Erika Christensen, Dax Shepard) and their parents (Bonnie Bedeliaand Craig T. Nelson).
As a result of the delay, NBC is making a change on its fallschedule. More details here.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet