Milch, Mann, Hoffman land HBO series
The series has "Deadwood" scribe David Milch writing the script, Dustin Hoffman in the lead role and Michael Mann directing the pilot. (With those kind of auspices, you don't need much luck to secure a greenlight).
"Luck" is billed as provocative look at horse racing – the owners, gamblers, jockeys and diverse gaming industry players.
"Michael Mann delivered a pilot from David Milch’s brilliant script that took our breath away," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. "We are truly excited that these two artists, and our extraordinary cast headed by Dustin Hoffman, will be bringing 'Luck' to life."
The show begins production this fall at Santa Anita and other Los Angeles locations.
The rest of the cast: Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Kevin Dunn, Richard Kind, Jason Gedrick, Ritchie Coster, Ian Hart, Tom Payne, Kerry Condon, Gary Stevens and Nick Nolte.
Executive producers are Milch, Mann and Carolyn Strauss; co-executive producer Henry Bronchtein and producer Hoffman.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story