Milch, Mann, Hoffman land HBO series
The series has "Deadwood" scribe David Milch writing the script, Dustin Hoffman in the lead role and Michael Mann directing the pilot. (With those kind of auspices, you don't need much luck to secure a greenlight).
"Luck" is billed as provocative look at horse racing – the owners, gamblers, jockeys and diverse gaming industry players.
"Michael Mann delivered a pilot from David Milch’s brilliant script that took our breath away," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. "We are truly excited that these two artists, and our extraordinary cast headed by Dustin Hoffman, will be bringing 'Luck' to life."
The show begins production this fall at Santa Anita and other Los Angeles locations.
The rest of the cast: Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Kevin Dunn, Richard Kind, Jason Gedrick, Ritchie Coster, Ian Hart, Tom Payne, Kerry Condon, Gary Stevens and Nick Nolte.
Executive producers are Milch, Mann and Carolyn Strauss; co-executive producer Henry Bronchtein and producer Hoffman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR