MSNBC Ratings Rise on First Night Without Keith Olbermann
2:48 PM PST 1/25/2011 by THR staff
Lawrence O’Donnell and Rachel Maddow both saw a slight spike in viewers.
MSNBC didn't suffer in its first night without Keith Olbermann.Lawrence O’Donnell, who took over Olbermann timeslot, averaged 1.5 million total viewers for his first night, reports the New York Times. That was up a little under 50 percent from Olbermann’s average number in that hour, just over 1 million viewers, according to the Times. During the 9 p.m hour, host Rachel Maddow was up by about the same amount to 1.4 million viewers for the hour. Reasons for Olbermann’s abrupt Jan. 21 departure remain unanswered, but on Monday night, he took to his Twitter page to declare: "The reports of the death of my career are greatly exaggerated." He Tweeted Tuesday that "Tonight's State of the Union will be live-tweeted by our team. Well, by one of the guys. OK - by me."
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014