MTV Apologizes for 'Jersey Shore' Segment
MTV has issued an apology to GLAAD for a segment during last week's Jersey Shore reunion special.
GLAAD decried as offensive a segment where Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino flirts with an unidentified nightclub patron who his friends said was a "tranny."
GLAAD described it as "one of the most blatantly transphobic scenes aired anywhere on television in the last few years."
GLAAD says MTV has agreed to remove the segment after the current rotation cycle.
From MTV: "We appreciate GLAAD voicing concern about the Jersey Shore reunion special. The segment in question was certainly not meant to be insensitive, but in retrospect we realize that it was offensive to some viewers. We sincerely apologize."
Actually, for a self-described "guido," Sitch seemed pretty chill about the encounter. His friends mocked him for being unaware of the person's apparent gender, but not the idea of the person being transgendered ... if that makes it better.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening