MTV Apologizes for 'Jersey Shore' Segment
MTV has issued an apology to GLAAD for a segment during last week's Jersey Shore reunion special.
GLAAD decried as offensive a segment where Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino flirts with an unidentified nightclub patron who his friends said was a "tranny."
GLAAD described it as "one of the most blatantly transphobic scenes aired anywhere on television in the last few years."
GLAAD says MTV has agreed to remove the segment after the current rotation cycle.
From MTV: "We appreciate GLAAD voicing concern about the Jersey Shore reunion special. The segment in question was certainly not meant to be insensitive, but in retrospect we realize that it was offensive to some viewers. We sincerely apologize."
Actually, for a self-described "guido," Sitch seemed pretty chill about the encounter. His friends mocked him for being unaware of the person's apparent gender, but not the idea of the person being transgendered ... if that makes it better.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR