MTV Apologizes for 'Jersey Shore' Segment
MTV has issued an apology to GLAAD for a segment during last week's Jersey Shore reunion special.
GLAAD decried as offensive a segment where Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino flirts with an unidentified nightclub patron who his friends said was a "tranny."
GLAAD described it as "one of the most blatantly transphobic scenes aired anywhere on television in the last few years."
GLAAD says MTV has agreed to remove the segment after the current rotation cycle.
From MTV: "We appreciate GLAAD voicing concern about the Jersey Shore reunion special. The segment in question was certainly not meant to be insensitive, but in retrospect we realize that it was offensive to some viewers. We sincerely apologize."
Actually, for a self-described "guido," Sitch seemed pretty chill about the encounter. His friends mocked him for being unaware of the person's apparent gender, but not the idea of the person being transgendered ... if that makes it better.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Killing's Mireille Enos Welcomes Second Child with Husband Alan Ruck!
- Pippa Middleton Gets Back to Work After Attending Nephew Prince George's 1st Birthday Bash!
- Taylor Schilling Is Such a Sweetheart to Fans at 'Letterman'!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer, Starring Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan, Will Be Released Tomorrow!