MTV Signs Deal With 'Jersey Shore's' DJ Pauly D for Possible Series
MTV has closed a series option deal with Jersey Shore cast member Paul "DJ Pauly D" Delvecchio.
A pilot presentation with Delvecchio was filmed in September. 495 Productions, the same company behind MTV's breakout hit, was behind it.
This does not mean that the series has already been given the green light. MTV also did not provide details on the premise.
“At the heart of Jersey Shore is the unique and genuine cast and Pauly D. truly embodies both qualities,” said Chris Linn, executive vice president of programming and head of production for MTV. “He’s distinguished himself onscreen as the fun-loving, well-coiffed and dependable guy you can’t help but want to hang out with. We know viewers are curious about his life away from the shore and we look forward to exploring new possibilities around that.”
Jersey Shore is the No. 1 original cable series among 12-34 this year and is MTV's highest-rated series ever. Its most-watched episode reached 6.7 million in Season 2.
The third season premieres Jan. 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR