'Skins' Sets MTV Record for Series Launch in Key Demo
MTV's U.S. adaptation of Skins debuted strong Monday night at 10 p.m.
Drawing 3.3 million viewers, Skins also snagged MTV's highest rating for a new scripted series in the network's key 12-34 demo, a 3.4, which translates to roughly 2.7 million.
Compared to similar fare, MTV says that Skins' demo rating was higher than the launches of ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars (2.2; premiered June 8, 2010), and the CW's Gossip Girl (2.3; premiered Sept. 17, 2007), 90210 (2.7; premiered Sept. 2, 2008) and The Vampire Diaries (2.4 rating; premiered Sept. 1, 2009), just to name a few.
On Twitter, Skins was the No. 2 trending topic.
The U.K. series, of which the MTV show is based on, will premiere its fifth season later this month.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move