'Skins' Sets MTV Record for Series Launch in Key Demo
MTV's U.S. adaptation of Skins debuted strong Monday night at 10 p.m.
Drawing 3.3 million viewers, Skins also snagged MTV's highest rating for a new scripted series in the network's key 12-34 demo, a 3.4, which translates to roughly 2.7 million.
Compared to similar fare, MTV says that Skins' demo rating was higher than the launches of ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars (2.2; premiered June 8, 2010), and the CW's Gossip Girl (2.3; premiered Sept. 17, 2007), 90210 (2.7; premiered Sept. 2, 2008) and The Vampire Diaries (2.4 rating; premiered Sept. 1, 2009), just to name a few.
On Twitter, Skins was the No. 2 trending topic.
The U.K. series, of which the MTV show is based on, will premiere its fifth season later this month.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR